Monday 13 February 2023

More drawing practice as the missus recovers

 With the missus still recovering from surgery, all miniature and scale model kit projects are still in a state of suspended animation i.e. lying dormant. Any tasks that require a prolonged period of focus without break is being put into the back burner while I attend to the missus's post-surgery needs. But that doesn't mean I won't be able to do anything remotely hobby-related in my free time. Compared to the time consuming process of painting a scale model kit/miniature, drawing still allows me the flexibility to instantly stop and start my hobby activities an attend to the missus.


A realistic looking iris was my main goal for this digital practice piece

 Because my long term goal is to be able to draw (and eventually paint) portraits, I decided to practice drawing facial features like the eye, nose, and mouth. It helps that I'm drawing digitally because it means I can just stop what I'm doing instantly sans any cleanups, and return to real world concerns. Below are some pieces I managed to finish using the Procreate app on the iPad Pro.


Portrait facial features practice piece: digital drawing of an eye

Portrait facial features practice piece: digital drawing of a nose

Portrait facial features practice piece: digital drawing of a mouth

 Soon though, a semblance of normality should return to my hobby activities as the missus recovers that little bit more from her surgery. At the very least, I should be able to resume work on my Gundam scale model kit projects soon. Maybe no major airbrushing sessions yet, but I have enough on my plate as it is in assembly and prep work to avoid being too disappointed with the slow restart.


After surgery, the missus now has titanium plating and screws in her foot ...

... as seen here from another angle (i.e. top down view).

 While I don't want to jinx it, the wave of awful luck that is crashing upon the family seems to have abated somewhat. Apart from breaking a glass plate and getting pretty deep cuts on my hands, no other mishap has befallen the family. Long may that continue. So as I get ready to kick start my scale model kit/miniature projects for real - nearly two months into 2023 - I'm hoping lady luck deigns to finally smile on my family and I. And on you and yours too. Until my next post, be well and be happy!


https://shireworks.blogspot.com/https://www.facebook.com/shire.works

https://www.facebook.com/FourEyedMonster-313145002078520/

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic work, I'm your devoted fan. I hope your wife gets a quick full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are way too kind Suber, thank you for your support :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...