Saturday 4 February 2023

Bad luck continues into the new year

 When it rain, it pours. While I have known this to be true from past experience, it doesn't make it any easier to stomach when it happens to you or your loved ones. So following close on the heels of the car accident, the missus fell down the stairs and broke her foot. It was bad enough that it required surgery, which she had successfully underwent at the time of this blog update. But on the bright side, the anesthesiologist for her surgery was an old classmate of mine for many years since I was seven years old. It was nice to see him again, even if it was for a short while only.



 Needlessly to say, the focus now is on attending to the missus's post-op recovery needs. While there won't be as much progress on the hobby front, I guess it gives me more time to plan my projects better. Maybe I'll even spent more time drawing than I intended over the next few weeks. There is always a silver lining after all. We just have to look that bit harder when times are tough. Anyway, enough of this gloom and doom. Technically, the Lunar New Year celebrations aren't over yet. Traditionally the last day of celebrations falls tomorrow on Chap Goh Mei, which literally translates as the fifteenth day. So that's one more day I'm not gonna think of all the troubles down the road. There will be enough worrying to do after that. Until next time, may you and yours be well and happy!


https://www.facebook.com/FourEyedMonster-313145002078520/

https://shireworks.blogspot.com/https://www.facebook.com/shire.works

4 comments:

  1. Oh, no...
    Hope will be better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your well wishes Michal. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear. I hope the bad streak is over soon and she gets a quick recovery! Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Suber. But it wasn't. I broke a glass plate while washing it and cut both my hands badly ... sigh ... I panicked a bit as the blood kept gushing out but it turned out I was treating it wrong. I put it under the water like a burn but I was supposed to put pressure instead. And thanks a lot for your well wishes :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...