Sunday 18 December 2022

A weekday break in Penang with my family

 It has been eight long years since I last visited my hometown of Penang. In fact, that was the last time my family and I went on a mini vacation of any sorts. For the uninitiated, Penang is a small island off the west coast of north Peninsular Malaysia. Anyway, we finally went on a short break after all these years and spent less than a week just relaxing and enjoying the food paradise that is Penang.


A view off the coast of Penang island, from the balcony of Hilton Doubletree

 So these past few weeks have been a period of enforced hobby downtime, of the positive kind. All I did that was even remotely hobby related was to watch some online portrait drawing tutorials to keep in touch with a skill set that I have ignored for six years and counting. My last two significant practice pieces were pencil portraits of Babydoll and Rey. It has been so long that I have forgotten how to draw portrait pieces. Well, hopefully I can start drawing again soon ... this time digitally, to complement whatever scale model kit hobby projects I have going on. Speaking of which ...  



 Because of the aforementioned positive hobby downtime, I haven't really had any chance to work on projects, new or old. So next up in the hobby blog post will be to revisit a project that was inspired by my last visit to Penang all those years ago i.e. the vinyl figurine duo of SpongeBob and Patrick which I had painted with Vallejo Model Color acrylic paints. This time around though, I will be doing a short video of the painted piece to showcase the details a little better. That should be uploaded to my YouTube channel FourEyedMonster Miniatures before year end ... I hope.   


Coming Soon ... a video of the painted Patrick and SpongeBob vinyl figurines.

 Well, that's it for this super short blog update. I hope the holidays is treating you as kindly as it has me while 2022 winds down. Until my next post, may you and your family, be well and happy.


FourEyedMonster Miniatures YouTube Channel

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes Michal ... I hope you and your family enjoy the coming new year too :)

      Delete
  2. What a spectacular view. Wishing you and your family a happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it, a spectacular view that is :) Than you Michael, the same to you and yours too :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed some quality time with the family! For sure the sightseeing helped the relax, it looks like a really nice place to visit. Looking forward to your art back again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber. It was a nice mini-break with the family. We may not be able to afford a holiday overseas, but having just a simple break can do wonders to recharge the mind :)

      Delete
  4. Looks brilliant. I was supposed to go to Penang and KL in 2020 but we had to cancel the holiday because of Covid. Maybe I'll get there one day! Hope you had a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough luck with the Covid scuppering your holiday plans. You would enjoy Penang for sure although sometimes it can get pretty hot up there :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...