Tuesday 23 August 2022

Enforced Hobby Downtime

 It was fairly inevitable that the unfailingly steady progress of my hobby projects would eventually grind to a halt again for one reason or another. It's just that I didn't expect the party pooper to be the dreaded Covid virus. My missus contracted the virus first, followed quickly by me, then my son. Despite our best efforts in isolating non-infected members of the family, the incredible rate of infection of this now multi-mutated virus meant once anyone in the family showed any symptoms, chances were high another family member was already infected without being aware of it.


Image source: https://coronavirus.onu.org.mx

 It's now Day 5 after symptoms began showing for me. Infected about two days earlier, the missus has almost fully recovered while I am feeling much better myself. We were both lucky in that we were infected two weeks into our second Comirnaty Pfizer booster shot (our first two shots were Sinovac). Hooray for science, I guess. (If I don't update my blog soon after this then I guess my recovery predictions were a tad too optimistic ... ptui, don't jinx it, says me to myself.)

 However there are so many variants of this virus that getting infected no longer assures immunity against reinfection. So no hoorays then? No darn it ... here's a hurrah to small blessings of mild symptoms. And as for you, my dear reader ... stay safe and be well ... and see you next week with more updates to my hobby projects ... I hope ... (drama queen much?)


https://www.facebook.com/FourEyedMonster-313145002078520/

8 comments:

  1. Glad you and your family are ok Kuan ! I hope you have a good recovery ! Greetings & stay safe !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mario! We were fortunate to get fairly mild symptoms; enough to floor us but luckily nothing overtly serious.

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about this. I hope you all get a quick recovery! All the best for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber! My son who didn't qualify for a booster shot as none are available for his age group yet had worse symptoms, but the missus and me were more fortunate.

      Delete
  3. Agree, hope you recovery soon!
    Warm regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michal! We are recovering well at the moment, with the missus and me just testing negative so we can soon stop our self-imposed quarantine.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. We are feeling much better.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...