Thursday 3 May 2018

What's in store from my project pipeline, optimistically speaking, in the coming months of 2018

It was nearly three years ago when I last did a project pipeline update. As is my wont, other projects soon crept into the pipeline (i.e. Katana, a Snowspeeder, C-3PO, R2-D2, BB-8, Princess Leia, a T-55A tank, a Nurgle Rhino, a Bodhisattva, a Star Destroyer, Darth Vader, a pair of TIE Fighters and a Stormtrooper) resulting in a poor 38% completion rate of the original to-do list. So it's not without a little trepidation that I catalogue yet more potential projects for the coming months. But my apprehensions aside, one common theme running through the projects will be "pairings". 

Bandai 1/100 scale RX-8-2 Gundam paired with 1/8 scale Sayla Mass
Bandai 1/500 scale Space Battleship Yamato 2199 paired with E2046 1/8 scale Yurisha Iscandar

Up until now I've always did projects in isolation. But as a change of pace I've decided to pair two different model kits under a common subject matter for my upcoming projects. Firstly there is the non-similar scale pairings. These will comprise kits relating to two classic anime in the 70's namely Mobile Suit Gundam (the RX-78-2 Gundam with Sayla Mass) and Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Yamato Cosmo Reverse Version with Yurisha Iscandar). Then there are the similar 1/12 scale pairings for a special Star Wars project involving a Scout Trooper/Bike with a Race Queen and a Shoretrooper with Girl in Swimwear). Details to follow as each individual project gets underway.

Bandai Star Wars Scout Trooper plus bike paired with Atelier iT HQ12-02 Race Queen [both 1/12 scale]
Bandai Star Wars Shoretrooper paired with Atelier iT HQ12-04 Girl with Spear [both 1/12 scale]

Meanwhile, seeing that an unusually large proportion of my figurine collection consists of 1/12 scale figure model kits (both plastic and resin) as well as 1/12 scale figurine accessories, it stands to reason I should do something about this peculiarity. And where else better than to pair 1/12 scale musical instruments by F-Toys with the Bandai Star Wars figurine plastic kits. It should make for far more interesting poses for the eventual photography shoot of the completed projects. 

F-Toys Band Mono 1/12 scale musical instruments
Bandai Star Wars 1/12 Scale First Order Stormtrooper

Then there is the requisite 1/35 scale AFV scale model kit has already become a permanent part of  my project pipeline. Working on AFVs is a great way to learn weathering techniques and it's bonus that I've more than a passing interest in military vehicles either modern or historical. My next AFV will be the World War II German Heavy Tank Sd.Kfz.182 King Tiger (Henschel Turret) by MENG. Scale model kits by this China-based company are known for their complexity and high part counts. To dip my toes in the water I plan on starting with one of their easier kits i.e. the King Tiger.

Meng German Heavy Tank Sd.Kfz.182 King Tiger (Henschel Turret)

Of all the projects mothballed since 2015, currently only those fulfilling two conditions stand any chance of resuming in the near future. One, they should already be prepped and primed. And two, they should at least be 70 mm (or 1/28) in scale i.e. fairly large in size. That leaves only Knight Models Loki and Nocturna Models Battle Chick in contention. Regardless of whether either make it back to my work table, the next project will definitely come from the 2018 project list above. Until then I had best get back to Phase Two of the AT-ST weathering process. Cheers!

https://www.facebook.com/FourEyedMonster-313145002078520/

12 comments:

  1. I look forward to see these projects finished ! Especially the Gundam & girls of course.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mario ... I'm looking forward to working on the girls soon to as I've never worked at such a large scale before. Should be interesting.

      Delete
  2. A lot of great looking boxes sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ... I hope they don't just remain in their boxes and start gathering dust 0_0 ... hopefully I can get started on a few soon.

      Delete
  3. I cannot wait to see all that painted! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'm persistent enough to get most of them done up.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Heh heh yeah. I'm determined to finish most of them this time around but that being said I'm also hoping there won't be any shiny new stuff to distract me from my goals :)

      Delete
  5. Even when you don’t come round to all of these projects, I‘m sure you’ll still have lots of eyecandy in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moiterei :) I've got to stop getting distracted by the next new shiny thing XD or I'll never ever get anything substantial done.

      Delete
  6. looking forward to space battleship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! That's going be a fun one to work on. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...