Wednesday 20 September 2023

My First Ichiban Kuji Pull ..... a Failure?

 After finishing a rather time-consuming project (i.e a scale model kit of the Going Merry pirate ship), I have been guilty of taking it easy these past two weeks. Apart from checking out some budget-friendly pre-painted figurines to add to my collection, I didn't really do anything much on the hobby front. Usually I'll source both pre-owned as well as brand new pre-painted figurines from online shops based either in Japan or Malaysia. But occasionally I do visit local hobby shops if they're having promotions, and get such figurines from a bricks-and-mortar store. And it was in one of these rare visits that I decided to try my hand at an Ichiban Kuji pull to see if I could win a prize figurine.



 Above is a short video of my very first Ichiban Kuji pull. You might wonder what on earth is an Ichiban Kuji? Well, it's a lottery prize game operated by Banpresto, a Japanese toy company under the Namco Bandai Holdings umbrella. How it works is that you purchase a ticket, and then check what prize you have won with said ticket. Obviously Ichiban Kuji is not as widespread in Malaysia as it is in Japan. But if you look hard enough, you can still find them in local specialty hobby shops. Anyway, I should be getting back to the hobby worktable soon after this extended rest. All that's left to do is decide what exactly I want to work on as my next project. That'll be in my next post. For now, I thank you for taking the time to visit my humble blog, and wish that you be well and happy.


FourEyedMonster Miniatures YouTube Channel

4 comments:

  1. Well, despite the repeated results, I think it's a fun lottery game, I don't think I've ever seen anything similar over here, so I got intrigued about the whole thing, I may Google it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun lottery game ... but the danger I have seen online is that some players enter the game saying they will buy just four tickets ... get terrible prizes ... but four more tickets ... still bad prizes ... and in a 'in for a penny, in for a pound' moment ... buy yet more tickets O_O

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...