Friday 11 August 2023

Kamado Tanjiro | Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (鬼滅の刃) - Plastic Model Kit Figure Completed

 Finally photos of a fully-assembled Bandai Namco Kamado Tanjiro plastic model kit figure, which I had retouched to enhance color accuracy, have been successfully uploaded to my blog. I hope you will enjoy perusing through the photos below, and at the same time get a sense of whether you would like to have this model kit figure in your own anime figurine collection.



 One of my key complaints for this particular figurine is that his feet does not attach to the legs in an exact manner. Let me explain. After attaching the feet onto the legs, I noticed there is a little bit of give on the connection point between each foot and leg. This gives rise to a problems whereby if either foot is oriented wrongly relative to the leg, there is a possibility the figurine may fall face down due to the resulting instability. My guess is this may in turn cause the blade to break in half if you're unlucky.





 Apart from this minor complaint about Tanjiro's stability, everything else about this figurine makes it one of the best budget ones of the Demon Slayer protagonist. It's on par if not better than most pre-painted figurines of Tanjiro. But this claim comes with a caveat: be prepared to do some retouching for color accuracy whether it be in the form of sticker decals (which I don't recommend) or through painting. This is to ensure the final form of the figurine you have on display is the best that it can be.





 Actually there is one other thing that isn't ideal for this figure. I didn't think to mention in at first because most of the time you would normally be looking at the figure from a slightly top down view, which means you wouldn't then notice the runner/sprue markings on the back of Tajiro's cloak. However in the photos here (see above), the camera lens was located slightly lower than the actual figure itself. Moreover you would most likely pose Tanjiro so that you're viewing him from the front, in which case the back of his shirt becomes hidden from view anyway.





 If you would like to know in detail what I had done in the retouching process for the Tanjiro figurine, please refer to the previous post as I won't be repeating them here.



  Below is the YouTube videos of the Kamado Tanjiro plastic model kit figure from Bandai Namco, chronicling its progress from start to finish. If you like the videos, and would like to see more of the same kind of content, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel i.e. FourEyedMonster Miniatures.




 Although Tanjiro is now completed, my project to work on Demon Slayer plastic model kits hasn't ended yet. Not only does Bandai have more model kit figure releases planned for characters from this anime series, there is actually one existing one that I have yet to work on, namely Rengoku Kyojuro from the Mugen Train story arc. In fact I already have him in my collection, and plan to work on the model kit figure of Kyojuro eventually. However, he will not be my next project as I'll be taking a break from my Demon Slayer projects to instead work on my first ever model kit! Stay tuned if you want to find out what that is. Anyway, that's it for now. Until we meet again, be well and be happy.   


FourEyedMonster Miniatures YouTube Channel

https://www.facebook.com/FourEyedMonster-313145002078520/

https://shireworks.blogspot.com/https://www.facebook.com/shire.works

4 comments:

  1. What a nice kit! The subtle work you put into it really paid off, trust me. Oh, now I'm curious about your next project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber ... for such kind words :) The next project is still an anime-based one but one that is more well known globally.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...