Saturday 29 July 2023

Kamado Nezuko | Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (鬼滅の刃) - Plastic Model Kit Figure Completed

 If you have been following my YouTube Channel - firstly thank you, followed by the inevitable shameless plug: please click here => FourEyedMonster Miniatures - then you would have already seen the completed Kamado Nezuko plastic model kit figure from Bandai Namco. Recently, my blog posts have started to lag a little bit behind my YouTube video uploads thus causing this to happen. Regardless, the final photos have been edited, and are on display below. 



 When I first started out in this hobby, this Nezuko figurine was one of those type of model kits that I would have arrogantly, but wrongly, pooh-poohed the authenticity of showcasing work that's 80% or more pre-painted. The ego in the old me wouldn't have stood for it. But times change, and I've gotten older and (hopefully) wiser. With that comes a realization that there isn't enough time left for me to do all the things I want to do. (Sorry if this sounds morbid!) So I reassessed my main goal in this hobby, which is to have beautiful model kits and figurines displayed as my personal collection. With that goal in mind, I no longer care how I get there. If I have to paint everything from scratch than so be it. The same if I can get a good figurine that is 100% pre-painted as well as everything in between.  





 Because I've mentioned in somewhat detail the work I had done in both the previous blog post and uploaded video, I won't be describing much of what was done for this Nezuko figurine in this blog. You can see the embedded YouTube videos below, near the end of the blog post, for details of what I did.





 All that being said, I'll still do a short recap of what I did in as few words as possible. Essentially what I did was to ensure color accuracy of this model kit figure via a retouch process. And in this process I used enamel and acrylic paints as well as pastels. So in a nutshell, that's about all I did, apart from doing a straight out-of-the-box build/assembly of the model kit figure. Not much but enough, I reckon.





 Although I had previously included the relevant videos in my previous blog posts about Nezuko, I will put all the said videos below for ease of viewing. Just click on the embedded videos to view them.




 So that's Nezuko completed. One key word I can use to sum up what I think of this model kit figure is "dynamic" as in how dynamic her pose is. Next up is her brother Tanjiro, who is the main protagonist of the Demon Slayer anime series. Less work seems to be needed for him. So my initial expectation is for the second Kimetsu no Yaiba project to be completed in a shorter amount of time. On that note, I'll end this shorter than usual post with my usual wish for you, dear reader, to be well and happy.  


https://www.facebook.com/FourEyedMonster-313145002078520/

FourEyedMonster Miniatures YouTube Channel

https://shireworks.blogspot.com/https://www.facebook.com/shire.works

4 comments:

  1. Lovely looking model! Go to YT now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support Michal. I hope you will subscribe to my channel :)

      Delete
  2. I know there's more than mere assembly of the model here, and that subtle work clearly has a reflection on the final result. Pretty good job

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...