Friday 12 May 2023

Bandai Hello Kitty in Zaku II Armor [Completed]

 In a scale model kit that keeps on giving, the Hello Kitty in Zaku II Armor figurine being featured in this post is the third possible configuration that can be assembled from the Bandai Hello Kitty/Zaku II Super-Deformed-Gundam-Cross-Silhouette (SDCS) Gunpla kit. Please read on for a short review as well as some photos of the completed figurine.


Bandai Hello Kitty in Zaku II Armor [Completed]

 Apart from parts specific to it, this third figurine also uses parts from the earlier two builds. Unique to the Hello Kitty in Zaku II Armor is the oversized green helmet and tinted visor, a neck extension, and lastly a pair of shoulder extensions. Everything else comes from the previous two figurines e.g. the head and ribbon bow comes from the Hello Kitty in Green Overalls figurine while the body and limbs come from the Super Deformed Zaku II figurine. So of the three build variations, this last one was the easiest and quickest to complete because most of the assembly was already done.


Apart from using the body and limbs of the Super Deformed Zaku II figurine ...

... as well as the head and ribbon bow of the Hello Kitty in Green Overalls figurine ...

... this Hello Kitty in Zaku II Armor also utilizes new parts in the form of an oversized helmet/visor.

 Because the quality of the molded plastic finish was so good, I didn't have to paint the shoulder/neck extensions or the oversized helmet. I did, however, panel-line the whisker-like grooves on either side of the front section of the said helmet. And although some stickers were provided for this third build, I chose not to use them because I felt the stickers would have made the final build look tacky. 


Bandai Hello Kitty in Zaku II Armor (back view)

Due to her peace-loving nature, the Hello Kitty in Zaku II Armor ...

... does not wield any form of weapons whatsoever.

 Based on the oversized head vs small body proportions, this Hello Kitty in Zaku II Armor is the build that most resembles a chibi-style character. And in keeping with Hello Kitty's peace-loving persona, the weapons have been removed from this third build. Having this cute feline wield weapons would make her look out of place in any pose. As such, this final configuration exists sans any weapons.


Of the three builds from this kit, this is the one that'll be on display

 Of all three configurations that I had built from this Bandai scale model kit, I prefer the one you see here the most. As such it is the build that will be put up on the display shelf. Unfortunately, if you want all three to be displayed at the same time, then you will have to purchase two sets of this kit.

 However, if you are not a fan of the Hello Kitty in Zaku II Armor configuration, then just one kit will do because the Hello Kitty in Green Overalls and the Super Deformed Zaku II figurines do not share any parts. Not being a fan of either Hello Kitty or the Super Deformed mobile suits, I am fine with having just the Hello Kitty in Zaku II Armor on display. Well that's enough kawaii for now. It's back to more 'serious' builds for me in the coming weeks. Thank you for taking the time to follow my journey with Hello Kitty. Until we meet again in my next post ... be well and happy.


https://www.facebook.com/FourEyedMonster-313145002078520/

https://shireworks.blogspot.com/https://www.facebook.com/shire.works

6 comments:

  1. Haha, this is likely the least expected project ever! I find it enjoyable precisely because of its rarity, well done. I don't know how were the stickers, but I don't miss them, I don't think there's anything missing here. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Suber :) It was certainly unexpected to me too. If it wasn't for the missus I wouldn't have tackled this project. I guess I could live with the cuteness of Hello Kitty once in a while ;) My missus wants me to build me the Hello Kitty Zaku in Red and Hello Kitty in Grandpa Gundam armor. That I'll eventually do but perhaps in less details so as not to bore you guys :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...