Friday 12 February 2021

Happy Lunar New Year 2021

 Happy Year of the Ox everyone. It's that time of the year again when the Chinese diaspora all over the world celebrates the lunar new year. Here's wishing you, dear reader, a healthy new year.



 Since my family is still in the midst of a three-year mourning period for my late-father, we won't be celebrating the occasion this year. Also the family and I won't be doing much celebrations anyway with the pandemic and all. Anyway, have a great year, stay safe and be well!


10 comments:

  1. Happy Lunar New Year 2021 to you and yours Kuan !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your well wishes Mario. May this year bring you and your family, health and prosperity!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. Here's hoping the lunar new year will bring you and your family great joy and health.

      Delete
  3. A Happy New Year to you and yours Kuan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nick. May you and your family have a happy and safe lunar new year ahead.

      Delete
  4. Well, with all respect to your mourning, I wish you a wonderful and happy (as happy as you can) new year.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told, the mourning period for my dad notwithstanding, I don't feel in a celebratory mood at all. I am just glad the family and I are safe and healthy so far, and hope that you and yours will have a great and safe lunar new year ahead.

      Delete
  5. Kung hee fat choi! (belatedly) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Also, very nice that you know the Cantonese greeting. My wife's Cantonese while I am Hokkien, and the latter greeting (just FYI) is Kiong Hee Huat Chye! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...