Sunday 19 January 2020

A belated look back at 2019

Ironically, as I am hit by the umpteenth mid-life crisis brought about by my birthday, I sought to look back belatedly at what I had actually achieved back in 2019. It wasn't much. In fact it was a pretty meager return for what seemed like a lot of effort put in. Mitigating circumstances abound, well two anyway, saw one project coming extremely close to completion towards the tail-end of last year while another project had actually been finished but I had forgotten to post the final photos. Duh and duh.

Bandai 1/12 scale Star Wars The Force Awakens' First Order Stormtrooper
MENG Model 1/35 scale German Heavy Tank Sd.Kfz.182 King Tiger (Henschel Turret)

I'm almost embarrassed to post the following in my look back at last year's projects but things being as lean as they are I was pretty desperate. There were two "semi-finished" mini-projects in the form of the 1/100 scale FF-X7 Core Fighter and pilot figurine Amuro Ray, both of which are part of a larger project namely the Bandai Master Grade RX-78-2 Gundam Version 3.0 scale model kit. On the plus side, Grandpa Gundam will be a bonus project I can add to the 2020 list. So, yay ... right?

Bandai 1/100 scale FF-X7 Core Fighter (forms part of the RX-78-2 Gundam kit)
Bandai 1/100 scale Amuro Ray standing figure in a pilot suit (part of the RX-78-2 Gundam kit)

Moreover in the dotage of my middle age years, I had a face palm moment upon realizing I had forgotten to post the final photos of the atelier iT 1/12 scale Race Queen resin figurine project that I had already completed. (The photo you see below is one of her in the final work-in-progress stage.) At least she will be another project that I get to add to my 2020 list of completed projects. Silver lining, clouds, and all that positive unicorn over the rainbow stuff. Hey, when life give you lemons ...

atelier iT 1/12 scale Race Queen resin figurine work-in-progress

Looking back, one key advancement I pride myself in having achieved last year was improving my airbrushing skills. I'm feeling increasingly more comfortable with an airbrush. Hopefully that will eventually result in works of better quality. Now that's something I can look forward to this year. 

https://shireworks.blogspot.com/https://www.facebook.com/shire.works

12 comments:

  1. Belated Birthday wishes and I think you had a good year. The amount of detail that you get into your models always impresses me. Here's to an equally impressive 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Birthday wishes ! And great year overview ! It's not the amount that counts , it's the amount of fun you have doing it that counts !
    Have a great year 2020 with lots of fun ! The rest will sort itself out.
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Mario! And you are so right in that the important thing is that we have fun.

      Delete
  3. I always wait for your entries with curiosity!
    The finished works are breathtaking!
    Also all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Michal. All the best to you too for 2020.

      Delete
  4. AS the others said, belated happy birthday and congrats on the 2019 achievements. The quality of each of them is something to be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can be proud of what you need, leave what you didn't do aside, your work is always great and varied, extremely enjoyable, that's the real measure of how good it was in my view. Here's to another one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for the kind, supportive words A-man :) Here's to another one for you too!

      Delete
  6. Some stunning pieces finished in 2019! Well done you :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...