Saturday 12 July 2014

A walk down memory lane via an online gallery

Whilst creating an online gallery to showcase my 'art' work, I was also taken down memory lane to the very first miniatures I attempted to paint way back in 2011. Little did I know way back then that my involvement in this hobby would turn out to be a long-lasting love affair. I also included some drawings I made and hopefully in the future I will be able to add sculptures to the mix. 


You can check out the gallery by clicking on the 'Gallery' tab (see photo below), or just simply click on the following link => http://foureyed-monster.blogspot.com/p/gallery.html

Click the tab labelled 'Gallery' (duh) on the top of the blog to get to my virtual art showcase

Looking at all the 'art' work I have attempted in the past made me realise that I haven't drawn in quite a while now. Hopefully I can rectify that soon or my drawing skills will start to get rusty.

Searching for inspiration to draw again

Thanks for checking out this short blog update. Carpe diem, enjoy your weekend and all that jazz! 

http://shireworks.blogspot.com/https://www.facebook.com/shire.works

11 comments:

  1. well done, i'll easily check your works that i still haven't seen!
    bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the future, I hope to put better work on my gallery. Thanks for taking a look.

      Delete
  2. ver good idea: there were lots of works of you I would have missed without the gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh ... you are not missing much as my early works are pretty awful. ^_^
      But it's still nice to put it on display as it tells me whether I am improving. :)

      Delete
    2. Stop saying that! They are not awful at all! >_< of course you can improve: but it's the same to everyone :D

      Delete
    3. Ok ok =) ... I must be more positive ... ^_^

      Delete
  3. Would good to see more drawings. Very fine lines. Nice. But I can see how miniatures can take over. It is very addictive, as I'm sure you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to draw but I find it much harder than painting. And yes you are absolutely right, there is something really addictive about miniature painting. It's a mentally calming activity that has a gratifying end product. I was actually improving on my drawings albeit slowly before I stopped. I do hope to get drawing again or I will lose all my hard earned progress to rustiness.

      Delete
    2. There's always some rustiness after long break, to make myself feel better I start with super soft pencil and messy style when I feel rusty with drawing ;)
      The gallery's a great addition to the blog - will go through it a bit more when I have a bit more spare time :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks Adam. Time is a commodity I wish I could control. :)

      I really should take a short break from painting and start drawing again. All my pencils have been sharpened (and re-sharpened) ... just need to break through the inertia of a long break from drawing ... somehow. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Thanks Andrew for taking a look.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...