Monday 18 August 2014

Le Petit Chaperon [WIP - Skin tone and sheer fabric]

Painting skin is hard but doubly so when you are going for a very light skin tone. I find creating contrast at very light shades to be hard but my task was made easier this time by the excellent Vallejo Model Color acrylic paints. On top of that, I also tried to (again) incorporate the greens and blues inherent in light skin due to the existence of veins under the skin ... the whole works if you will ... because the Nocturna Models Le Petit Chaperon 80-mm miniature is worth it, nay demands it. 

Nocturna Models Le Petit Chaperon, work-in-progress on skin tone and sheer fabric

For a long time now, I have hesitated to make much progress on Le Petit Chaperon, which is a fantastic miniature with very well sculpted details. But I finally feel confident enough as well as believe I have the correct acrylic paints needed to tackle this beautiful Nocturna Models figurine.

Le Petit Chaperon's fair skin is tempered somewhat by the sheer white fabric
With the skin tone in place, the reds of her hood and shoes look a bit darker than intended

At this point, I would peg the level of completion for Le Petit Chaperon's skin tone at around 90%. She still needs red glazes to bring her cheeks to life and perhaps some final touch ups towards the final stages of the paint job. Moreover, her lips, eyebrows and eyes have yet to be painted.

Panty and stockings were painted in beige-like colours
Le Petit seems to be suffering from cellulite on her right buttock

If you look closely, you might be able to spot some veins showing through the skin and hopefully see enough contrast in Le Petit Chaperon's really fair skin. In fact, she even suffers from cellulite on her right buttock. Cynics might say it's sloppy prep work but hey, when life give you lemons ...

Huge hole on her back is where the cloak will attach
Le Petit Chaperon's corset will likely have greyish blue hues

I also painted some sheer fabric on Le Petit Chaperon's clothing, mainly on her blouse which looks more like a nighty as well as on her panty and stockings. The former is predominantly white while the latter two are in light beige which is one of the many colours synonymous with sexy lingerie.

Sheer fabric treatment for what to me looks like a nightie

I am fairly pleased with how Le Petit Chaperon is turning out so far. Keeping in mind further touch ups will be needed as more progress is made painting her, I feel I am headed in the right direction. Being such a well sculpted figure kinda adds pressure on me to paint her well and I sincerely hope I can build on the early progress made and do justice to her. Do stay tuned for more updates later.

http://shireworks.blogspot.com/p/nocturna.html

18 comments:

  1. really a good progress!
    waiting for more.
    bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can get more done on Le Petit this week.

      Delete
  2. She come along really beauty , great progression .
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Take it slow an steady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep ... I am definitely taking it slow with Red Riding Hood.

      Delete
  4. Happy will be the big bad wolf, she's really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a woman I should say that it's just fair that a beauty like Le Petit Chaperon suffers from cellulite! :D
    But the thing is I am amazed by the way you made the transparency effect on her lingerie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ... cellulite is present is most movie stars I am guessing ... it's just that magazine editors conveniently photoshop them away. ^_^

      Delete
    2. Yep, we know, that's one of those things that help our self-confidence

      Delete
    3. Yeah ... the entertainment industry tends to present perfection as if it's normal.

      Delete
  6. The transparency looks awesome! And the unfinished eyes are totally creepy in a horror movie way ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right ... they now remind me of those demons in a TV show called Supernatural. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...