Monday 22 June 2015

Help! A Blogger bug

It's times like these that I am sorely tempted to ditch Blogger and move on to alternative blogging platforms. The latest bug to afflict my blogging experience is an inability to add new blogs to my blogroll. Usually, clicking on the 'Add to List' link provides me with the option to add new blogs to the list. However, now all that happens is part of the screen going blank. Needless to say, this sucks!

Clicking on the 'Add to List' button now results in ...
... a portion of the option screen going blank

So far I have tried the following without any success:
(a) Restart a new blog roll;
(b) Log in to the blog using different browsers, especially Chrome; and
(c) Ensure all browsers are updated.

If any of you have experienced and resolved this Blogger bug, I would appreciate it if your solution could be posted in the comments below. If all else fails, I can only hope this bug will resolve itself over time as have most bugs I encountered when using Blogger. Google bot/god are you listening?

[EDIT: This problem has been solved thanks to DWolve]

21 comments:

  1. Seems like an old bug since 2008/2014. I'm having that myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still experiencing the problem or has it resolved itself?

      Delete
    2. Nope. But I just found the solution. Drop me a line at dwolve at google mail and I will send you the guideline on how to fix this.

      Been looking for the alternate mode setting since this morning.

      Delete
    3. Or PM me in fb using my nick above. I'll send over the 3 step guide

      Delete
    4. Ok DWolve, I have just sent you an email to dwolve at gmail.com

      Delete
    5. Unfortunately it didn't work. :(
      However, thanks for trying. I appreciate the pdf help guide you sent me. :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting, got mine working, which is why i wrote the guide

    ReplyDelete
  3. try editing it in draft mode

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I see what you mean. Can select but not displaying. It still appears in the layout though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo! It works. Thanks a bunch DWolve. You're a life saver.
    I tried adding to the blog list by going to the Layout section and editing the appropriate widget. Thanks again!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enabling the 'Use Blogger Draft' option was key.

      Delete
    2. No prob. The blogger draft was a solution to some major bug, if you recall a few years ago. Forgot how to enable that after all these years XD

      Delete
  6. I have the same problem, how were you able to fix it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please be forewarned that although DWolve's solution worked for me, it may not work for you so do proceed with caution. Basically, I clicked on the 'Blogger Options' button (the one that looks like a gear), then I clicked the 'Edit User Settings' option. Then I made sure the 'Use Blogger Draft' option was checked i.e. selected and saved the changes. Then from the 'Layout' section I chose to edit the Blogroll and this time the 'Add to List' worked. I hope it works for you too.

      Delete
    2. It worked! Many thanks for the info.

      Delete
    3. DWolve's solution to the rescue again. Good to hear it has worked for you.

      Delete
  7. Mine was working until recently. They will eventually get around to fixing it. Just like when lightbox randomly stops working and then all of a sudden works again months later. Meh. Free programs - we get what we pay for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, most problems in Blogger tend to iron themselves out after a period of time (some longer than others). Most likely this one will go the way of the others but it's still good to have a quick solution. But you are right about the random stop-start nature of the platform ... just when I have forgotten about the previous bug the new one comes around to jog my memory LoL. ^_^

      Delete
  8. Ouch. Glad you finally managed to solve the problem. I've been experiencing some issues regarding followers (I cannot see their profiles nor their own blogs), but I'm waiting for Blogger to solve the issue...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully your problem will be resolved soon. Sometimes a search online can yield a solution but most of the time we would have to wait for Google to fix it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...